In the long-term use of the conveyor belt, it is inevitable to encounter longitudinal tearing of the conveyor belt, cracking of the conveyor belt, and damage to the surface of the conveyor belt. We call it conventional damage to the conveyor belt. If it is a headache, if it is light, do some cold vulcanization repairs. If it is heavy, you will need to replace the belt and perform hot vulcanization joints. It not only caused trouble to themselves, but more importantly, it caused unnecessary economic losses to the enterprise.
How to avoid these situations from happening? Let's briefly analyze the reasons.
1. Reasons for longitudinal tearing of the conveyor belt:
(1) The vibration and impact cause the fasteners to loosen and fall off, causing the lining of the coal falling pipe and the guide plate to fall.
(2) Foreign matter is mixed in the material, the foreign matter is hard, has edges and corners, and the coal drop pipe is blocked and squeezed.
(3) The idler is damaged and the idler frame is scratched.
(4) The conveyor belt is hanged by the frame after the conveyor belt is seriously deviated.
(5) The cleaner is involved in the drum (return cleaner), the bolts are loose, and there is a sign of bouncing.
2. Reasons for conveyor belt cracks:
(1) Due to the limitation of space size, the conveyor belt bends many times.
(2) When the joint is vulcanized, it has been vulcanized more than twice due to various reasons.
3. Reasons for tearing of vulcanized joints of conveyor belts:
(1) The diameter of the redirecting roller is small, and the bending stress of the conveyor belt is large.
(2) The quality of the vulcanized joint of the conveyor belt is poor, especially if it has been vulcanized more than twice, the strength of the joint is significantly reduced, or the canvas layer is cut off during gluing, or the strength is reduced here.
(3) For the reversible conveyor, since it can only be overlapped in one direction up and down, it is easy to be scratched by the sharp corners of the cleaners, unloaders and other equipment on the belt.
(4) The working cycle of the conveyor is short, the starting is frequent, and the instantaneous tension is large.
Fourth, the damage of the conveyor belt covering the rubber surface:
(1) The gap between the guide chute liner and the tape is not suitable, causing abnormal wear, or foreign objects are embedded in the gap, causing abnormal wear or scratches.
(2) The flow rate of the material at the guide trough is inconsistent with the speed of the conveyor belt, and the drop is large, which accelerates the wear of the rubber surface.
(3) The idler is damaged, causing abnormal wear or scratches of the tape.
(4) Illegal operations, welding slag burns during maintenance, and scratches on the cleaner.
(5) The slippage of the tape will also cause abnormal wear of the tape.
1. During transportation and storage, the conveyor belt should be kept clean to avoid sunlight, rain or snow, avoid contact with acids, alkali oils, organic solvents and other substances, and keep it away from the heating device one meter away.
2. During storage, the temperature in the warehouse should be kept between -18°C - 40°C, and the relative temperature should be kept between 50-80% RH.
3. During the storage period, the product must be placed in rolls, not folded, and should be turned over once a quarter during the storage period.
4. Conveyor belts of different types and specifications should not be used together, and the joints should be glued.
5. The type, structure, specification and number of layers of the conveyor belt should be reasonably selected according to the conditions of use.
6. The running speed of the conveyor belt should not be as high as 2.5 m/s. For materials with large lumps and high abrasion, and using a fixed plough-type unloading device, the low speed should be used as much as possible.
7. The diameter of the transmission roller of the conveyor and the relationship of the cloth layer of the conveyor belt, the matching of the reading roller and the reversing roller, and the requirements for the groove angle of the idler should be reasonably selected according to the design regulations of the conveyor.
8. The feeding direction should follow the running direction of the belt. In order to reduce the impact on the belt when the material falls, a chute should be used to reduce the falling distance of the material; A soft and moderate baffle should be used on the belt side to avoid the baffle being too hard and scratching the belt surface of the conveyor belt.
9. The conveyor belt should pay attention to the following matters in use:
(1) Avoid the idler being covered by the material, causing the rotation to be ineffective, to prevent the leakage of the material from being stuck between the roller and the belt, pay attention to the lubrication of the moving parts, but do not contaminate the conveyor belt;
(2) Avoid starting with load;
(3) If the tape deviates, measures should be taken to correct it in time;
(4) It is found that the local operation of the tape should be repaired in time to avoid expansion;
(5) Prevent the tape from being blocked by racks, pillars or block materials, and prevent it from breaking and tearing
Mobile official website
WeChat public account
Room 604B, Tower B, Twin Towers, No. 668, Xinzhuan Road, Caohejing Development Zone, Shanghai
Monday to Friday：8:30~17:30